Already thinking of spring cleaning? You’re definitely not alone! Taking some time to spruce, refresh, and deep clean your home is a time honored spring tradition. But it’s also important to think about all of the little steps you can take ahead of time, to make your serious spring cleaning routine easier, faster, and much more relaxing.
One of the best ways to start is to plan out a pre-spring cleaning strategy. Plan ahead now, and you might be surprised by just how much more you enjoy spring cleaning in just a few short months. Who knows? You may even be able to take back some time to seriously relax on spring break — or really go out and smell those May flowers!
Spring Cleaning, By the Numbers
In our home base of Chicago and around the country, spring cleaning is a big deal. From homeowners to renters, high-rise residents to bungalow fans, office administrators to property managers, seemingly everyone has cleaning on their mind when the spring season rolls back around.
In fact, according to a national survey from the American Cleaning Institute (ACI) ,77% of households plan to do some spring cleaning in the months ahead. On average, people say that spring cleaning takes about six days to complete — though 29% say that they can finish in one or two days, and 31% say that it takes three or four days. Still, even after days of effort, many people agree that they don’t feel totally satisfied. Looking at the year as a whole, about one in four people say that they do not believe they clean everything properly, and one in three believes that they don’t clean everything in their home often enough.
When it comes to spring cleaning priorities this year? Survey respondents say that they are focusing on cleaning their:
- Windows (49%)
- Closets and drawers (42%)
- Ceiling fans (36%)
- Curtains/blinds (36%)
- Carpets (32%)
- Hardwood and tile floors (25%)
For most people, completing their spring cleaning goals brings a chance to start enjoying their space once again. It allows us all to look at our homes in a new light, and relish in the fresh feeling that only comes with a clean, tidy, and sanitary space. No wonder why spring cleaning helps people to feel accomplished (36%), satisfied (29%), safe (18%), and happy (18%), according to the ACI.
How Can You Pre-Clean for Spring?
Spring cleaning can take a major commitment of time and effort. Cleaning your home from top to bottom can leave you feeling amazing — but the road to getting there isn’t always the easiest.
This year, rather than cramming all of your spring cleaning goals into one short time window, it may help to broaden your scope and set a few simple cleaning goals to tackle before your big spring push. This can help you feel more organized and less stressed, and may help make your spring to-do list a lot shorter — and a whole lot less overwhelming.
So, what should go on your pre-spring cleaning list? Here are a few ideas to start considering in late winter or early spring, which can help set you up for maximum spring cleaning success:
- Declutter and get organized. Before you start your spring cleaning, it can help to make sure that your surfaces are clear and your floors open. In many cases, this will mean leading a targeted decluttering around your home, and recycling, donating, or throwing away the items that are taking up too much space. After you’ve done a sweep, you can reorganize your remaining items using clever and space-saving storage solutions — leaving your home a blank slate that’s ready to be cleaned and refreshed.
- Catch up on your day-to-day routine. It’s easier to focus on the deep cleaning your home needs when you’ve caught up on all the little things you’ve been putting off — like washing and putting away dishes, folding laundry, making your bed, and cleaning pet hair off of your upholstery.
- Clean high-traffic areas. Your spring cleaning push can be a great time to focus on out-of-the-way, hard-to-reach, or often-overlooked spots. Before spring, turn your attention to the areas that need cleaning the most such as your toilet, bathtub, and kitchen sink.
- Stock up on your favorite cleaning products and supplies. According to research from ACI, the qualities that shoppers are looking for in cleaning products include effectiveness and multi-purpose use. These are great traits to look out for! Before you can properly tackle your spring cleaning list, it’s important to make sure you’ve got the right tools for the job. Replenish your cleaning caddy, and consider upgrading your tools and products to make your next big cleaning more environmentally friendly, sustainable, and hassle-free.
Ultimately, we know that everyone’s home is unique — and everyone’s pre-spring cleaning checklist is going to look pretty different! These were just a few ideas to provide inspiration, and get you thinking strategically about what you can do for your space.
When it comes to getting ready for spring cleaning in no time, one of the most effective steps everyone can take is to bring on some reinforcements! Hiring a knowledgeable, thoughtful, and effective local cleaning company can take some of the edge off of spring cleaning, giving you more time back to focus on the things that matter most — like enjoying more time outside, finding ways to pamper yourself, and taking that well-deserved spring outing with friends and family.
Looking to Spring Forward With Ease? Sweeping Dimensions Cleaning Service Is Here to Help
Want to get your spring cleaning finished in no time, so you can enjoy a fresh space and all that the spring season has to offer? Sweeping Dimensions would love to step in and help!
At SDCS, we always make a sweeping effort to make life less stressful. We’ll help you refresh your whole home, leaving it feeling clean, welcoming, and ready for springtime.
Our professional home services can take away the stress of tackling your spring cleaning checklist, giving you back some much-needed time to unwind with your family (or enjoy some time to yourself). Whether you need a deep clean, service for your short-term rental, or just routine housekeeping while you’re out soaking up the spring weather, our exceptional cleaning services can help!
Our professionally trained and uniformed teams will bring all of the supplies necessary to clean your home, with an emphasis on green, environmentally-friendly cleaning products. We offer flexible time windows and seamless communication, so you never have to worry about fitting a cleaning into your active schedule.
Have any more questions? Ready to get started? Get in touch today for your FREE service estimate!